Thursday, December 8, 2016

Goodbye, Etsy.

Recently I received an email from Etsy informing me that they had removed one of my listings for violation of their policies.

I was confused, because I always put the legally required disclaimer on all my listings, that I can "make no claims for [product], and am selling it as a curio only."

But checking my account, I found that they had removed my "Money Draw" oil, which I found strange because I had just sold some of it, and I also literally made no claims for it in the listing, but simply stated the herbs used, and that it could be used in money and prosperity rituals.

Etsy's email on the left; my response on the right.


Well, I decided I would begin removing my products from their selling platform, but I also wanted to have some kind of say in what they had done.  After all, "Money Draw" is a traditional name for hoodoo money spell related items.  Etsy doesn't see it that way, however; they insist that the name in and of itself "suggests a physical change."  Meanwhile, I found djinn rings, love draw spell kits, soul mate attracting kits, and a ring that had been interred with a woman's shrunken head and now possessed her soul.  Not only that, but a search brought up 321 other items with the name "Money Draw," which increased by three more items overnight.

Needless to say, I was a bit angry.  Yes, I felt singled out.  But "Bill" from Etsy's "integrity team" assured me that hundreds of these cases are processed daily.  Oh, and also that those legally required disclaimers mean nothing while you're on Etsy.

"Bill" from Etsy integrity encouraged me to report other listings...


It feels like the Etsy witch hunt is on yet again.

Did the customer who purchased my oil feel displeased, and report it?  I wonder because, contrary to what "Bill" claims about reviewing listings, shops, and reports, there are still literally hundreds of "money draw" spell items up for sale.

Either way, I'm shutting down my magical shop on Etsy, and I've moved to Scott's Marketplace!  Come find me there; the shop name is still "The Gossamer Moon."  Let's support a selling platform that doesn't discriminate.

https://www.scottsmarketplace.com/store/thegossamermoon/

No comments:

Post a Comment