Thursday, March 19, 2015

What Is Gossamer Moon?

I was recently inspired to create a blog in which to chronicle come of my spiritual interests; as the header states, "mystical and magical musings".  I understand this blog won't be for everyone, and that is fine.  My only request for you, then, is to be kind, be mature, and move on if you don't like what you read here.

Who am I?  Besides an unanswerable question that I no longer bother to answer for myself (but keep exploring possibilities), let me introduce myself. Lapis Asetia is not my real name, but the name I would like to be known as here.  I am pagan, but not Wiccan--I follow my own path, seeking advice from myriad deities, straying from most religious paths organized by others.  As a practitioner of magic, I would call myself an "eclectic witch", as I do what feels right for my heart and soul, combining bits and pieces of teachings that resonate with me.

What kind of magic do I do?  Again, I don't follow one specific magical path.  I LOVE candle magic, hoodoo, and herbal magic.  As I'm also a perfumer, working with essential oils is always a joyously sensuous experience.  I would like to work more with creating incense and magical soaps.  I am fanatical about stones, and highly interested in crystal therapy.

Along the path which led me to who I am today, I drew inspiration from blogs written by other practitioners of magic, who offered tips and advice, taught me the important rules of respect that must be employed by any witch, and even supplied formulas that got me started.  It's my hope to pass on and share information I have gained, that I may help others who are also attempting to find their way along their spiritual journeys.  I hope to learn more from my readers, as well, as the path of a witch is one which is always expanding and growing throughout life.

Thank you for stopping by, for reading, and for understanding.  I hope you will read future posts, let me know what you would like to see!  Enjoy.

*~Blessings,~*
Lapis Asetia

No comments:

Post a Comment